1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How much would you pay per head for a childrens jewellery making party?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Stripeysocks, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Stripeysocks

Stripeysocks New commenter

I have started doing adult jewellery making parties where I go to ppls houses and teach them and their friends how to make jewellery and other crafts. I have been asked a lot about childrens parties. How much would you pay? How long would you expect it to go on for? I will say a minimum of 6 children, should I decrease the price the more children there are? All ideas are welcome :)

2. Stripeysocks

Stripeysocks New commenter

I have started doing adult jewellery making parties where I go to ppls houses and teach them and their friends how to make jewellery and other crafts. I have been asked a lot about childrens parties. How much would you pay? How long would you expect it to go on for? I will say a minimum of 6 children, should I decrease the price the more children there are? All ideas are welcome :)

3. Have a look at some websites for people who already do this.
    You would probably be best to offer different packages, for different projects.
    Don't forget though, that you need to charge for your time, as well as the materials.
    Work out how much you think you should be paid per hour, bearing in mind the minimum age, and take it from there.

4. Do you provide the diamonds, gold, rubies etc . .?

5. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Good Grief when did pass the parcel and musical statues stop then?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

i wouldn't pay a penny. why can't the children enjoy each others company and devise some entertainment for themselves. party going is a lost art because parents seek to outdo each other in the high spending and novelty stakes.

7. Tha majority of the party providing places around here (bowling, craft and the local sweet shop, play places etc) charge about £12 per head. Food it usually provided as part of the package though. If I was having a party that didn't provide food I would want it to be a bit cheaper.

8. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

No more than about £5 a head if I were still doing the food and anything else like music and games.