1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How much would you expect to pay for a buffet?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pastychucker, May 30, 2011.

1. For 80 odd people?
    Your bog standard buffet type stuff.

2. For 80 odd people?
    Your bog standard buffet type stuff.

3. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Too many variables to provide an answer

4. Yes, more info needed. Where is it being held? Is it being catered at home? What do you call bog standard stuff?

5. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

depends on what food is on offer...owt from £3 a head to £100 a head!

6. £400 +

or if it is the local bakers maybe £250

Shop around [​IMG]

7. Okay then...
    Has anyone recently paid for a buffet - paid a catering company I mean for 80 odd people? if so, how much? If you don't mind me asking...

8. doomzebra

and if they are odd people, do they have odd tastes? Papaya and Marmite croustades? Chocolate-dipped scallops?

9. doomzebra

10. Yes, local bakers ... £3 a head (ie £250) as I said

11. Also yes

£5 a head so £400

Also as I said

12. The different social clubs in my town in NW charge about £5 a head up to about £12

13. £7 to £15.50 a head depending on what food you wanted. Extra if you wanted a 'special menu' - Vegan, Gluten Free et.c. (Vegetarian options cost the same as the 'standard' options)
    (This was in the Midlands....and included sandwiches, 'homemade' savoury bakes and 'homemade' cakes)

14. Hi Pastychucker - we'll be organising/paying for a buffet this week so I'll PM you to let you know how it worked out, price-wise. Also, we're going to ask our venue if it's alright for a few people to bring food they've made ( friends wanting to contribute) The place we're having the event is pretty flexible, so I'm hoping they say yes.
    If your venue says it's ok, you could consider that too..?

15. If I forget to get back to you, track me down and just ask.

16. For my wedding this year, we are having an afternoon tea - 4 choices of sandwiches (2 meat, 2 veggie), scones with jam and cream, 4 different types of cakes and tea and coffee costing £10 per head. Hope that helps x