1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How much will salaries go down re. pensions?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by salix, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Does anyone know how much teachers (average mainscale) are likely to lose per month net once the additional pension costs come in in a few weeks?

2. Does anyone know how much teachers (average mainscale) are likely to lose per month net once the additional pension costs come in in a few weeks?

3. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Do your union have a "pensions loss calculator" on their web site? Am not a teacher myself, so can't answer directly.

4. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

I've been wondering about this too. I think the increase in contributions was due to be staggered so is about 3% this year.
    I find it incredible that we still don't know what is going to be happening all seems to have gone very quiet from unions.

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

NUT are still being quite vocal about it - a consultation survey is being sent to members at the end of February and a one day strike has been proposed for the 28th March.

6. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Thanks for that. I suppose I mean we've not had anything offiicial from anyone (not entirely sure who I mean!) to explain how much extra we'll be paying out and from when.
    I've just been on NUT website and theres a link towards the bottom of the page you can follow to tell you how much extra you'll pay from this year and then how much eventually. It's actually 1.2% this year, increasing to 3% overall.
    http://www.teachers.org.uk/pensions

7. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

The pay calculator on the FAQ website has been updated now to show the new rates of pension deduction and the resulting take-home pay.
    As you rightly say, a majority of teachers will see a rise of about 1.2% to their contributions.
    www.tesfaq.co.uk/pay