1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How much time to spend - help!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clear_air, Mar 31, 2012.

1. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

HI All (again),
    I amputting together my timetable for next term when I am teaching Mon-Weds - and I am wondering how much time I need to allocate to foundation subjects...I fear I am trying to put a quart into a pint pot, and I don't know what to do about it!!
    How much time do I need to spend on foundation subjects??
    Thanks in advance.

2. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

HI All (again),
    I amputting together my timetable for next term when I am teaching Mon-Weds - and I am wondering how much time I need to allocate to foundation subjects...I fear I am trying to put a quart into a pint pot, and I don't know what to do about it!!
    How much time do I need to spend on foundation subjects??
    Thanks in advance.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

As much or as little as you can fit in.

Or as much as you need to cover what you want the children to learn.

4. I usually do topic afternoons that cover art, hist, geog, etc. in the one go. Try to link subjects then you are giving yourself more time and not cramming everything into 30 minute slots.

5. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Yes, I'll look more closely at what I want to teach, and go from there. In the mean time I must have a break and attempt to switch off for a bit!