1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How much say do the HR department have in if the person gets the job?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cys2017, Jul 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

i know they send out the interview invites most of the time was wondering how much more of a say they have on if you get the job?

2. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

None. HR will process the applications and then later hopefully the contract and all the bits and pieces. I'm always polite to them as they might report rudeness, etc (or may also note your good manners).....

agathamorse, cys2017 and Rott Weiler like this.
  3. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

The HR department I knew(in industry) were not very human or resourceful. In a medium sized primary the School Business Manager finds time to do it. In a MAT its anyone's guess who/how depending on which way the wind blows and how much money the CEO thinks its worth.

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

In all the schools where I've been involved with recruiting HR's role was purely admin. Setting up the arrangements, getting the references, etc. They were never on the selection panel and never gave advice on who to appoint. HR person was at the interviews only to take notes and keeping the admin running smoothly.

agathamorse and cys2017 like this.
  5. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

they've managed to, buy purely administrative means, get custody of the school