1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How much planning does your school expect you to do?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by beethan31, Apr 23, 2012.

1. beethan31

beethan31 New commenter

We plan for phonics, maths and literacy on separate planning sheets. Then we use 'Topic' planning sheets for the week which include science, PE and all the other subjects on the same sheet. Our Head is quite flexible though and some of us type it up as we go along, whilst others scrawl all over it as a working document. I'm also KS2.
    Don't know if that'll make you feel any better?! I used to plan in soooo much detail as an NQT - describing everything I was going to do in full sentences, but with experience you learn to trust your notes and I now make it as short as possible, often only planning Monday and Tuesday and then planning the rest of the week as I go along (depending on how the kids respond). You also become more confident in what you are doing and how you are going to do it and so can fly by the seat of your pants a bit more!

2. If it makes you feel any better, we even have to have LOs and full plans for assembly, and I currently do three per week!

3. pachamama

pachamama New commenter

Don't forget guided reading, R.E, seperate Big Writing and any intervention sessions! We do same as you and have to hand in a weekly, but quite detailed over view also. I get very fed up of copying and pasting lesson plans that are already done in detail.
    It will get easier when you manage to cut down on certain things, but remember next year you won't get NQT time. Gosh those were the days!