1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how much notice?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by planesick, Jan 1, 2011.

1. planesick

planesick New commenter

I had a temp contract, that i signed, from sept 01/2010 til dec 31/2010. I was asked to stay until at least Easter, with the possibility of extending until the end of the summer term. However, I have not had a contract to sign that will take me up until Easter, so if i decided to leave how much notice would i have to give? would it still be half a term? in which case i would stay until Easter. Or is it less?
    I am thinking of applying for jobs outside the teaching profession.

2. planesick

planesick New commenter

I meant to say.. Thank you for any advice given.. I pressed send too quickly. [​IMG]

3. If your written contract expired yesterday, today you are no longer employed.
    Doubtless this schol will expect you to turn up as normal next week. If you are reliant on them for a good reference, you'll need to discuss your situation with the head or your line manager. You could be frank and suggest you'll stay until you find an alternative - they will probably look for a replacement asap and want you to go as soon as a replacement is found.

4. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

Local Authority may not have got round to doing it yet, or even more likely, school have forgotten to inform LA. I once got my contract 3 weeks before it expired. if you've been asked to say on, turn up and sort it out then. Alternatively, is there noone you could phone to check?

5. planesick

planesick New commenter

thank you for your replies. i spoke to the headteacher and the office manager will be contacting the LEA to get another contract. thanks again.