1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how much notice do i need to give

Discussion in 'Primary' started by misssixty, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Am feeling so stressed and want to give up!..............Too many lesson obs and so much to do. I have no quality of life and no me time what so ever............ How much notice do i need to give to resign?

2. Am feeling so stressed and want to give up!..............Too many lesson obs and so much to do. I have no quality of life and no me time what so ever............ How much notice do i need to give to resign?

3. Are you an NQT?

4. Forget to say that sorry you are feeling like this.

5. No I'm not NQT have been teaching now for 5 years but have new HT and lots of changes being made. Just want to go back to doing supply (which i did before NQT year),although i know that has its stresses but at least free time is your own. Being a class teacher is not what i want to be anymore.......: (

6. Sorry to hear that. Are the changes that are being made not for the good in your opinion? Or are you struggling with the pace of the role of class teacher?
    I can't recall if it is a term or half term for teachers - am sure that somebody will be able to help. Sorry I can't.

7. Changes being made are for the good in the long run but staff morale is very low with being watched and everything else being closely scrutinised. I'm just really struggling with it all!

8. Can you get through to the end of the school year? Just thinking of continuity for the children if possible.
    You could always start job hunting now before you put your notice in, giving you the secuirty of the salary whilst you search.

9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Simple answer is variable depending on which term. With the teaching year being structured the way it is & needing to replace teacher's who cannot just give their notice in anytime you have 3 resignation dates (in State schools anyway, Indies are different) Oct. 31st, Feb 28th & May 31st.
    But think carefully! Supply is nowhere near as plentiful these days, you may yet settle down with your new HT & once these observations are over your HT may well leave you alone, this may must be part of their assessment of skills within the school.

10. I think that the earliest you are tied to the job is until the 30th April and therefore if you want to leave then, you need to hand your notice in by the 28th Feb. NUT website might help though?

Sorry you feel like this. Can I just say I was desperately unhappy at my last school for ages, but don't leave the profession for one bad experience. Look for something else.... I did and couldn't be happier now.
    It will be worth it xx