1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How much more is this going to cost me?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by TKD86, Jan 26, 2011.

1. I have been conditionally accepted onto a PGCE course and am now working my way through all of the paper work. It's been a bit if a shock to find that almost every form I have to fill out needs a cheque to be posted with it!!!

£15 GTTR Fee
    £36 CRB
    £21 Occ Health Fitness to Teach assessment

It's a joke!! That over £70 and the course hasn't even started....and worse....I don't yet know if my place will exist until the finding allocations have been announced!!

Has anyone else had to pay for these types of things?

2. I have been conditionally accepted onto a PGCE course and am now working my way through all of the paper work. It's been a bit if a shock to find that almost every form I have to fill out needs a cheque to be posted with it!!!

£15 GTTR Fee
    £36 CRB
    £21 Occ Health Fitness to Teach assessment

It's a joke!! That over £70 and the course hasn't even started....and worse....I don't yet know if my place will exist until the finding allocations have been announced!!

Has anyone else had to pay for these types of things?

3. That is a joke. I knew you had to pay for the GTTR application and CRB, but seriously for the health assessment too? I'm sure from what I've heard that you never used to have to pay for the health assessment? Weird that you have to pay for it now even though its a conditional offer.

4. I've recieved a conditional offer pending funding, but we've been told that once the funding is sorted we will then get sent the relevant forms. I personally would wait until you know whether you actually need all of this done, if our places aren't funded we'll have to start again elsewhere so it would be a total waste of money.
    Phone the uni and ask what they advise if you're not sure.