1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How much help

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by mickymilan, May 29, 2011.

1. mickymilan

mickymilan New commenter

Cheers Martini

2. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

It really varies from school to school - there have been plenty of horror stories on here but also some positive ones! I am also coming to the end of my NQT year and as the previous poster said, still have loads to learn! I think that teaching will always be like that, because each new class you get bring with them a different set of challenges.

Good luck for the year, and when things get their darkest (I had a christmas meltdown and nearly didnt go back) just grit your teeth and plough through because things really do start falling into place!!!

3. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

I was largely left to my own devices during my NQT year. There were people I could go to, however, if I needed to. It was nice that I didn't have people constantly watching over me; they would pop in occasionally and go away without saying anything, so things must have been alright!
    It does vary from school to school, though, and also how much the NQT struggles. I'm sure you'll be fine, though!