1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you communicate with your agencies?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Ronson, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Ronson

Ronson New commenter

I'm currently with a few agencies, and I was wondering how often people here communicate with theirs? I generally call them a couple of times a week. I'm wary of calling them too much. For example, there was a potential day of work earlier this week that didn't materialize. I thought about chasing this up but I don't want to give the impression that I'm too much at their beck and call. Of the agencies I'm with, some seem better at good communication than others.

2. Ronson

Ronson New commenter

I'm currently with a few agencies, and I was wondering how often people here communicate with theirs? I generally call them a couple of times a week. I'm wary of calling them too much. For example, there was a potential day of work earlier this week that didn't materialize. I thought about chasing this up but I don't want to give the impression that I'm too much at their beck and call. Of the agencies I'm with, some seem better at good communication than others.

3. I generally call them on a Friday with next weeks availability. Sometimes they call between that, had a missed call yesterday while driving and called them back but it was for work today and they rang someone else after I didn't answer. I had another chat then about availability etc. I know some ring daily but mine know who I am am so I haven't done that.

4. None of the few that i registered with have ever phoned me, it is the other way around, and the answer is always "it's very quiet, at the moment."

5. alexanderosman

alexanderosman Occasional commenter

If I have work mine rings me when they know I'll be home in the evening. Don't know what it will be like with no work though.

6. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

If i'm not booked up I ring to remind them first thing in the morning, at lunchtime I tell them to put me on the board for the next day and then I'll ring them again when I get home. I update my availability all the time as I get booked up quickly. I get work everyday so this works for me.

7. My agency rings me up to offer work. I never ring them except to return a message. I get plenty of work.

8. This is what perplexes me, roseangel; I get nothing at all. I used to phone up my agencies a couple of times each day until they, in roundabout ways, said '"don't call us, we'll call you." I am stumped as to why I get hardly anything.