1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How much do LSA's get paid?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by freckles88, Jan 5, 2011.

1. I am thinking of applying to for a job as a LSA supporting a childwith special needs one on one. I am wondering how much LSA's get paid roughly?? Thanks x

2. I am thinking of applying to for a job as a LSA supporting a childwith special needs one on one. I am wondering how much LSA's get paid roughly?? Thanks x

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Depends on LA rates, I've met LSAs who've moved from other authorities who say it's sometimes a little above minimum rates though some people get £8 an hour and obviously HLTAs get more. Remember you only get paid for hours worked though I believe a retainer is paid over the holidays.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Ours are salaried but it depends on qualifications and experience as well as role.

5. Not enough! As a teacher I am ashamed at the TA pay rate, considering all they do and the skills they develop.

6. I was a full time TA the year before last. I got paid just under £9000 for the year.

7. I used to get £13,250 actual salary as a level 3 TA working in an SEN school as an LSA. That is a pretty good rate of pay it seems, after talking to others. That was the starting rate for an LSA with a Level 3 qualification too.