1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how much contact with head?

Discussion in 'Governors' started by Zeberdie, Aug 30, 2011.

1. There are a few things that worry me about your post. As chair of a committee, it should be you in conjunction with the CoG that decides the agenda, not the Head. It is of course useful to have a meeting with the Head to establish any data, reports or other specific information that may be required, but that can be done through your clerk if necessary.

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I didn't infer that the OP was letting the head dictate the agenda - rather, that the head should be consulted to see if he wanted to ask for any items to be placed on the agenda and so that he knew what the chair was intending to put on it: no agenda should be a surprise to the head, who needs to be able to prepare for it.

3. Didi I miss a post here or have you switched identities? [​IMG]

4. Seriously though, I agree Middlemarch: of course the Head should be advised and consulted, and (s)he needs to be able to ask for items to be put on the agenda.

5. Middlemarch

Who?

6. The forum postings on my screen run:
    Kanddd (OP)
    Zeberdie (my reply)
    Middlemarch
    "I didn't infer that the OP was letting the head dictate the agenda - rather, that the head should be consulted to see if he wanted to ask for any items to be placed on the agenda ..."
    Zeberdie
    Zeberdie
    Middlemarch
    I was simply wondering where you inferred Middlemarch. [​IMG]

7. Middlemarch

You're confused between infer and imply. I did not infer from the OP, meaning 'I didn't read into it that...'. I think you assumed I meant 'I didn't imply that...'.
    You infer from, i.e. derive meaning from what someone has said. You imply that.

8. My sincere appologies. You are of course correct, both in the assumption that I confused the two words and my subsequent wrong assumption.
    It must be my great age and one of those senior moments. [​IMG]