1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How many years

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by mickymilan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. mickymilan

mickymilan New commenter

teaching will I need in order to gain the points to enable me to get out of this shiitehole country and teach in Aus/New Z

2. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Your post leads one to think that no matter what the country, you will create your own shiitehole around yourself.

3. No it doesn't. Why don't you go home and defend your nation's pride rather than from abroad?

4. Karvol

Now, your posts regarding Mexico tend to lead one to think that you are not the sharpest knife in the kitchen but do at least try and moderately keep up.
    My post does not refer to the UK. It refers to the OP's attitude as evinced from their post.

5. I recently purchased some of the 365+ range from IKEA. They are fantastic and keep their sharpness as well as knives 10 times the price. A top quality 8" chef's for less than a tenner. Wow!
    Super word.

6. Most people advise you to get your probationary time out of the way. Desiring only NZ and Ozz limits your opps to travel overseas and your strong desire to get out of GB is shared by many, especially now the government are showing teachers even more respect these days.... Jobs abroad are becoming harder to come by; jobs at good schools abroad, even harder.

7. Maybe he might have some personal issues with things in England, which we don't know about.

I think some people are just a bit too cynical on here.

Unfortunately I can't help you dude, working in Australia seems like a real hedge maze to me!

Benny

8. cyn·i·cal/?sinik?l/Adjective 1. Believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.
    I wouldn't say I enirely fit the bill, but I'm bloody close!

9. What a ****.

10. Oh? Why's that?

11. Karvol

No, I don't think he is at all. You, sir, fit the description perfectly though.

12. Haha! How playground!! I know you are, you said you are... You're not a teacher, Karvol. You're not even in puberty.

13. Karvol

Easy tiger. Try and understand the words you find in online dictionaries before you use them.
    But guess what? I am qualified and am eligible to teach in the UK. I guess that does make me a teacher, technically speaking that is. Pity you cannot say the same. Perhaps that is why the "school" that is interviewing you really is scraping the bottom of the barrel and finding the dregs that spawn there.
    Good luck with the interview. I hope the school is as "interesting" as it sounds.

14. If you are from the UK and want to get PR in Australia you need 12 months teaching experience in the last 12 to be eligible for a 175/176 visa. Out of the loop for NZ. New points test for PR visas come in on Friday for Australia, you can get all the info on various visas etc etc on http://www.immi.gov.au/
    Hope that helps.

15. Which words are you referring to?

What makes you say that?

No response to this yet:

Looking forward to your reply, man-child.

16. Karvol

Read through that again. You did write it after all. Doesn't it strike you as being just a little strange that an IB school is willing to take a risk on a completely wet-behind-the-ears NQT who hasn't even completed induction? Although you do say that you were trained outside the UK, making you either an overseas trained teacher, or someone who has done the PGCEi. Do you know much about the IB? Do you know much about A and B languages and literature? Do you know anything about the changes that will come into play with this year IB cohort, first examination 2013 for the languages options and the impact that will have on English language and literature specifically?
    I was going to offer to email you the syllabi, but I guess you are more than capable of finding them yourself.
    Man-Child. Wow, that is going back some. I didn't realise you were a fan of Neneh Cherry. At least I hope that is where you got it from, rather than some dodgy practices you might be into.
    Hang on... Wet towel, man-child, one way ticket to Mexico...What exactly are you running away from?
    MC.

17. Uh huh. Perhaps I should re-post it.

What makes you say that?

18. You've actually failed to answer all three questions spectacularly. When you wrote you are "technically" a teacher, you weren't wrong, were you?

19. Karvol

I know you are an ESL "teacher" but that shouldn't be an excuse to not being able to think logically.
    Refer back to your own posts. Use the search function if you so wish.
    Have you done induction? If not then you are not able to teach in the maintained sector in the UK. Ergo...
    Now which were the other two?

20. Yes, I am a trained English literature teacher and an ESL teacher as I also have a TEFL an ICELT and a DELTA.

And you're wrong. I trained abroad and have QTS in the UK.

And... err.. so?