1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How many units have you had this week?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lilyofthefield, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Do the ladies - at least those who aren't dieting/allergic to alcohol/Muslim - all stick to 14? I do some weeks - some weeks I have none - but others it's way more like 21. Can't it balance out over a year?

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Thursday 0
    Friday around 3
    Saturday around 8.
    Sunday about 7
    Monday 0
    Tuesday about 5 (FiL's birthday) otherwise it would have been 0
    Wednesday 0

PS I am allowed 21 per week as I am no lady!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I go weeks or months without any alcohol and when I do drink it's never more than a couple of glasses of wine in an evening and not often more than twice in one week. After years of not drinking I haven't really got the taste back for over-indulging and on the one occasion I did I was ill for days!

4. bnm

bnm

If we're counting from Monday morning...none. Oh, apart from one tiny bottle of beer.
    If we're counting the weekend hmm.... Fri half bottle red, Sat half bottle red, Sun half bottle red.
    Don't know what that is in units.

5. Wine is about 10 units a bottle depending on strength.
    Another reason to wish I had balls. I'm up to 24 this week because we went away for a few days and sat around in the sunshine in country pubs. Fretfretfretfret. I think perhaps what I need is antidepressants to stop me fretting about everything..

6. joli2

joli2 New commenter

That sounds lovely Lily and worth the few extra points. I haven't had a drink for blo0dy ages.

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

7 units so far this week. Probably won't be having any more till Saturday when bloke comes off night shift.

8. bnm

bnm

Just remembered that other bottle of beer I had on Sunday.

9. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Th - 1
    Fr - 3
    Sat - 4
    Sun - 1
    Mon - 1
    Tues - 1
    Wed - 2
    These could all be a unit out but is pretty standard for me so I must average 13 - 20 units. This is A LOT less than it used to be - can't remember the last time I had a hangover thank goodness. I can lose weight on this btw. I'm away next week so it will go up somewhat!

10. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I really don't drink much alcohol at all these days. This week I have had a pint and a half of Crabbies ginger beer. I think that's it as i didn't open wine this week at all. I think i drink so little mainly because a)I am usually driving when i go out and b) its so damn expensive to drink out of the house oh and c) I get ****** so quickly that 1 is all it takes nowadays.

11. A load of goody two shoes on here!

12. A bottle of red is 10 units!!????? Are you sure?
    In that case I have about 3 or 4 pretty much every day. Two glasses leaves only about 2 or 3 inches behind in the bottle.
    Perhaps we should invest in some smaller wineglasses.
    In my defence I never have more than a maximum of half a bottle in any one evening, even at a party or on holiday.

13. ermmmm let me see now...monday 4 ,no 34 ,no 23 no......ermmm.....can we do this in pints?
    ha ha I win...now pour me a drink.

14. About 20 so far (mon, Tuesday) and I'm out tonight... It's not the alcohol, it's the calories that bother me... :(

15. We average two bottles a week. As I'm more of a wine drinker than Mr. CK, I think I probably have over the recommended amount of units. Oh dear. Is it less bad if you're mainly drinking with food? Probs not.
    I think I'll limit myself to one bottle per week, or even every other week. I don't really drink when I'm out, so don't binge-drink or anything like that. I never used to drink at all.

16. Apparently two bottles of wine is the equivalent of a billion burgers, or something like that. :-/

17. That sums up my drinking habits too. In fact, I think I only had two instances of alcohol drinking last year. They were both champagne though[​IMG]. I only have to have one sip of alcoholic drink to feel something not-quite-right going on. I think I'm allergic.
    I'd rather have a nice cup of Earl Grey these days.

18. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Me too.

19. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Not a representative week really, given the number of us writing reportsh (hic).