1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How Many Schools Did You Apply To?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by groovybob, Mar 2, 2012.

1. groovybob

groovybob New commenter

last year I applied to 3 and got 2 interviews and 2 offers.

groovy

2. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

I sent about 20 applications out, but to be honest, I realized some of them were long shots given that I have a non-teaching wife and kids. I've had 3 interviews and 2 more scheduled for next week. One offer, but I am not sure I want to take it. Might plan on attending the Search fair in Bethesda is nothing else shows up.

3. I sent off about a dozen applications, 2 interviews and 2 job offers.....and a very stressful 2 months. I am one happy chappy at the moment, I got the one I really wanted.

4. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

Good for you Lucid, wish I could say the same.... 3 more interviews this week tho'.... fingers crossed!!!

5. Last time I applied for jobs, two years ago, I applied for three jobs (one was in UK, others international), got two interviews, offered the second one. But then again I can be choosy, I teach a shortage subject!