1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How many reports do you write per year group?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by emmam25, Jan 30, 2011.

1. emmam25

emmam25 New commenter

Just purely out of curiosity (as I sit attempting to write 2nd out of 3 reports for year 10 this year)

How many reports are you expected to write for each year group, each school year?

2. emmam25

emmam25 New commenter

Just purely out of curiosity (as I sit attempting to write 2nd out of 3 reports for year 10 this year)

How many reports are you expected to write for each year group, each school year?

3. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

One per child, per year! With one pastoral parents evening (tutors only) and one subject parents evening per year group each year.

4. Every child in my school gets three full sets of reports (one at the end of each term) so that's 3 for each pupil I teach and 3 for each pupil in my tutor group each year.

One parents' meeting a year per child as well plus an extra "how's he or she settling in" one right at the start of term for newcomers.

5. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

In my school, each student gets one "fully written" report per year. As this is written from a statement bank, many reports read as if they have passed through a bovine intestinal tract. We also do frequent on line progress checks.
    P

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

3 per student per year in KS3; 5 in KS4

7. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

For KS3 and 4, 1 full report and one grade report. For yr 12 two grade reports, two target reports and one full report. Yr 13 have a target report and a full report

8. MarkS

MarkS New commenter

Bloody hell!!!!
    I can't believe you are all expected to do that much report writing, bloody ridiculous!!! We do one written report per year per cohort, with a letter sent home each term statinf current grades and targets - this is generated by admin staff in the assessment office.
    As far as I recall, the legal requirement is for one report per child per year.
    Mark

9. You have to wonder about the usefulness of these reports. We too have statement banks but I avoid using them wherever possible so that it reflects what I really know about the student. I'm swamped by writing 6 sets though at the moment!

10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I written report per year per class plus a couple of times per year we do a +/=/- thingy on the computer to indicate progress (or lack of)

11. In my school, we write an intermin report, that is a star rating, then a full written report will go out to parents

12. Try teaching 600 different pupils and writing a full report for each of them, plus two grade sets per year. Word banks. Yes. I can't do it without those. And then add my own tutor group, and the regular ad hoc reports every week. All of it is utterly meanigless drivel. I can only do it using the photo's on SIMS, I wouldn't know who they were else.

13. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I should add that the 'written' report is done using a computer on a proforma that automatically adds names and forms, subject etc. An admin bod adds on the attendance and lateness data. Most of the comments are from drop down menus that can be joined up and modified.. Even your initials are added automatically.

14. Every half term we have to input current attainment level, two assessment levels (ie what they got when we last did a concrete assessment), effort grade, behaviour grade, and any concerns. Takes a long time when you teach 400 kids...
    Is this comparable to what everyone else does?