1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How many of you reckon you won't have the same MP tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Dec 12, 2019.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Different MP, same bloody party.

The previous Tory MP had a fit of conscience, got the boot from Boris and defected to the LibDems. Most of the true blue voters round here remained loyal to the party and said person now resides with all the other defectors in the pit of political oblivion.

2. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Star commenter

Ours didn't change. He is actually a very good constituency MP, even though I loathe his party (and didn't vote for him).

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

It's sad to see The Beast of Bolsover losing his seat, but one has to wonder how much longer he'd have been around in The Commons given that he's 87. End of an era for sure.

[​IMG]

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Unfortunately mine did not change (it was so close) and I'm ashamed to be a bit of blue in the lovely yellow map. On the upside,an old colleague's husband is now an MP in the big town near where live.

5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

That's a shame @catmother . But chin up - over half the tory seats were lost to the SNP. Seven out of thirteen in the end. It's only a matter of time...

catmother likes this.
  6. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Could you not move to a neighbouring constituency?