1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How many of you reckon you won't have the same MP tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Dec 12, 2019.

1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

And now Workington. Another significant Conservative gain.

Jesmond12 likes this.
  2. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

And now Darlington votes for the Conservative Party

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Nope, I don't live on the south coast, but I know it well. Family connections to Bracklesham and East Wittering. One of my favourite pubs is at Dell Quay.

4. Brunel

Brunel Lead commenter

Across the north formerly safe Labour seats will fall to the Tories. Not a surprise if you know the area but looking for crumbs of comfort - it will mean that Johnson will have to keep the support of working-class former Labour voters over the next five years. It might make the knee jerk prophecies of public services being cut and cut again a bit overplayed.

Jesmond12 likes this.
  5. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Vale of Clywd, Peterborough and Wrexham all turning blue.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Results do seem to be slower coming though this year.

7. Brunel

Brunel Lead commenter

I was waiting for the result in the constituency where I live - what used to be a safe Labour seat, now a Labour marginal. According to the exit poll there’s a 99+% chance of it going to the Conservatives. Takes some of the drama out of the result.

8. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I know it well.

As for Bracklesham, the last time we visited was on a ridiculously hot day just after the new pound coins came in. My sweetheart thought the dog would like a swim and rushed off down the beach with him, leaving me to sort out the parking fee. The meter didn't accept either of the two coins I had, so I qued up at the ice cream stall with the tenner I had on me, in the hope of getting some change the machine would accept.

It took a long time to get served and when my time came, the girl handed me the three icecreams I'd asked for, then told ne she didn't have any change. She handed me the icecreams then ran down the road with my tenner to get the change.

By the time she came back, and I'd put the coin in the machine. my sweetheart had returned with a wet dog, the icecreams had melted down my arm and that was that.

Time to move on before the shops shut early on Sunday.

It's life, but not as we used to know it Jim.

nomad likes this.
  9. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Well if you're in Jo Swinson's seat you've got a new MP.

nomad likes this.
  10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well ours changed.... not who I'd have picked but oh well.

11. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

My constituency should be declared in the next half hour or so but i think I'd be surprised if the current MP lost the seat.

12. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

As predicted, we still have Dougie Chapman, and the SNP have gained seats with the Tories losing them. Gutted but not surprised at the English result though. Bring on the next Indyref.

catmother and LiamD like this.
  13. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

Anyone not a Tory is wasting their votes where I live. Roll on PR.

14. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

We need to get the Brexit done before starting the more complicated Scexit.

15. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Hmm.

catmother, LiamD and harsh-but-fair like this.
  16. katiejane1

katiejane1 New commenter

We will have the same MP until he’s carried out in his coffin in Selby and Ainsty.

17. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Our MP, a Conservative, took over from Labour at the last election with a 3000+ majority. He was re-elected with a 8000+ majority. Well done Lee Rowley.

18. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I do the opposite @Lara mfl 05 I vote for the party that most closely reflects my position politically. It was just once Tory, mostly Labour, but this time Lib Dem. The candidate didn't have a snowballs chance but I used my vote to show that the party had a small piece of lindenlea shaped support. Personalities do come into it too I have to admit, negatively this time though.

19. Chrollo1996

Chrollo1996 New commenter

Very happy that the constituency I'm doing my PGCE in stayed red.

However, for goodness sake, North West Leicestershire! Andrew Bridgen is a disgusting, vile creature.

20. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Rumour has it that the pub at Del, Quay isn’t as good as it once was. Mind you, I wasn’t that enamoured of the Anchor Bleu at Bosham.

We have the same MP. I didn’t vote for him and very nearly chose to spoil the ballot paper. It was a close run thing.

nomad likes this.