1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How many of you reckon you won't have the same MP tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Sadly, I can't see anyone shifting the useless toss pot where I live. You'd think it ought to be possible, since he isn't much liked locally, but since he has always done the job he was parachuted in for, i.e.vote along with whatever the government whips request, he's seen as a safe pair of hands in a Tory stronghold.

Some will be seeing their MP go though. Will it be yours?

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Sadly I live in a safe Tory ward. Ward? Constituency? !

3. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Happily, I think we'll have the same one. SNP. Douglas Chapman. I'd be shocked if he was ousted.

sodalime likes this.
  4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

However, I won't find out until around 3am tomorrow. I'll be sleeping, unlike my poor husband who has to drive to the BBC in Glasgow for 8pm and work through the night. Fun. Not. Especially not if you're in Scotland, and didn't vote Tory, haven't ever voted Tory, wouldn't ever vote Tory, and keep seeing a Tory govt elected because that's how the rest of the UK votes/has voted.

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Fingers crossed.

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'm hoping it won't be the same.

7. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Fairly certain it won't change. Not who I voted for, though.

8. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I have to confess it will make my day to wake up and learn that IDS lost his seat thanks to tactical voting.

smoothnewt, Sally006, vannie and 2 others like this.
  9. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

There is to be a great winnowing.

Kandahar likes this.
  10. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I fear our MP of the past 2 years might lose his seat...despite seeing over 2,000 constituent cases. The seat was with a chinless wonder Tory before.
    Our current MP has been a refreshing change.
    Of course our town has been somewhat carved up boundary wise to favour the leafier areas....which made his win at the last election all the more valued.

11. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

My current wasn’t on the ballot (thankfully as I couldn’t have brought myself to vote for her), but hoping we’ll have the replacement labour MP.

12. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

Sadly not, Esther McVain. Wirral got sick to death of her, but she's great a smoke rings, hence safe seat after the bloodsucker Osborne 'moved on'. Proportional Representation please.

Sally006 likes this.
  13. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

I will find a hat especially to eat it if ours is ousted.

14. susanrk

susanrk Occasional commenter

Priti Patel unfortunately so I'm sure there won't be a change! Wish there was though as it's disgraceful that she was promoted so quickly after the Israel debacle.

Sally006 likes this.
  15. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Marginal here.

Could go either way.

16. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

I think the Tory majority at the last election round here was more than 20,000, which makes my vote against seem insignificant, but I did it anyway. It's true blue country - those who aren't out huntin', shootin; and fishin' wear the same clothes and wish that they were.

This evening I popped round to check on a neighbour, who happily told me she voted Tory. That's one less Christmas card I need to write, I guess.

Sally006 likes this.
  17. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

This constituency is Tory virtually through and through. Jeremy Wright is very popular.

18. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Anyone know which veg goes best with hats? :(

19. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Green willow (according to Steeleye Span). All around your hat!

needabreak and Jamvic like this.
  20. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Blythe Valley - Labour since 1950 - is having a recount!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Lara mfl 05 likes this.