1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How many more incorrect predictions before you get it?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lexus300, Aug 8, 2020.

1. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

It baffles me when you see these nonsense predictions of disaster yet so many still buy into the lies:

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

If we didn't sort out the problems by 2016 didn't mean that the disaster would strike in 2017, it means that we cannot avert some damage, more the longer it takes to take action. You understand the difference so this is trolling.
    'Could' also suggests 'could not' so Adelaide didn't run out of water. You know that could also implies 'could not' so trolling again.
    But, hey, once a denier, always blind and hoping another blind person holding the seeing hand stick can point the way.

3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Didn't you once predict it wouldn't keep getting warmer?

Anyway, this kind of stuff is just willful misunderstanding of the science and promotion of gibberish.

It's just garbage. And that's being polite.

4. sadscientist

sadscientist Senior commenter

cissy3, LiamD, Jolly_Roger15 and 4 others like this.
  5. burajda

burajda Star commenter

I think lockdown has resulted in a lot of middle aged and older people spending a lot more time on youtube and the Socials. An in law of ours has become quite obsessed with 5G and China conspiracies over the last few months, where he never really spoke about this kind of stuff before. His partner and us are quite concerned about his mental health.

monicabilongame likes this.
  6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I seem to remember it was widely touted that after 2010 it would start to cool again. This was by those who considered themselves independent thinkers who didn't just believe what they were told or heard elsewhere.

They knew this was true as they found links to peculiar websites and videos made by people who told them it was so.

7. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

I offered him a bet three or so years back. I said it would get warmer.

He wasn't daft enough to take it...

Mangleworzle likes this.
  8. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

‘Furtling’ is now my new favourite word :)

ajrowing and sadscientist like this.
  9. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Nor is the panic mongering and all the dubious science and doom and gloom predictions that have all failed.

10. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

You believe what you want to, why do you think people who disagree have used dubious sources? I state my sources openly and accept challenges when they are genuine and not trotting out progressive mantra's and AGW lies and distortions. Their doom and gloom predictions have all failed yet you still believe!

11. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Curiously though you could say it is only because of the net and instant communication the whole covid situation has developed into a lockdown and mass hysteria from both sides of the extreme.

Same with global warming. Same pretty much with anything these days.

I really do think it won't be long before we all become Mad Max or just live to die - and in fear most of our days, locked to a social media and printed media that moves the goalposts and changes its views so as the fear keeps you in place.

There is fast becoming no other choice. Science is divided, experts are divided so yes, you make your choice and you stick by it.

Arguably this is why some of the young really don't give a damn anymore.

Mad Max is coming soon to a planet near you.

lexus300 likes this.
  12. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I am sceptical and bemused by AGW zealots. They worship pseudoscience and predicted disasters with a fervour that most Catholics envy.

13. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

You lost your bet. It is only warmer via data manipulation.

14. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Always remember that Hell hath no fury like a reformed smoker.

15. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Out of 'tuning' will come false predictions.

16. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Out of prejudice will come disaster.

17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Indeed it will.