1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How many interviews is too many?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by best75, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Wow, I admire your dedication! I just got rejected from my third interview today and I'm wondering what I am doing wrong? I know my weakest part is my interview, however I feel that I can't prepare much for it.. It's the way I answer questions.. I get nervous and babble on and forget the actual points.. Not sure what to do about this. Would appreciate any ideas also!

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Be glad your getting interviews! It took 9 to get my first post and now I can't even get to the interview stage at all! Your doing something right, its like relationships though sometimes there just has to be that spark. You'll see when it happens. Good luck x

3. Yep I agree, it must be really hard but be thankful you are getting interviews, thats amazing to be getting 16 interviews! :) did u visit all the schools you applied for? something will come up, just keep on going :) remember that you have worked so hard to do your pgce and deserve to get an amazing job! hope you get something soon!

4. 16 interviews! Well Done! I've applied for 40+ jobs this year alone and not had one interview. In my NQT year I reckon I applied for 50+ jobs and had about 30 interviews, each time being 2nd or not experienced enough. The confidence knocks just became like water off a duck's back (trust me!) and it's like now I'm having to grin and bear it, I'm desperate for just one interview so that I can prove myself. I know I'm a darn good teacher, my current boss knows it BUT there's nothing for me after the holidays and I'm scared stiff about what is going to happen.
    Hey ho, we keep on going.

5. Clarys
    I am in exactly the same position!!!
    Currently doing sporadic supply!
    I am currently on 32 interview and I come second on minor things, but hey Keep Swimmin!!!

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You clearly are writing effective applications. But after that many interviews you need to take stock.
    Your interview technique - and it is a technique - is at fault.
    Read the advice in the interview clickables inside the Welcome thread.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for details of a special small-numbers session on interview training that she is organising soon.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!