1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How many hours a week do you do term-time?

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by pequandary, Nov 18, 2019.

?

How many hours a week do you do term-time?

1. 21-30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 31-40

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 41-50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 51-60

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. 60+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pequandary

pequandary New commenter

Hi, looking at becoming a PE teacher but the few I've met seem to have work-life balance issues.

2. bigfatgit

bigfatgit Occasional commenter

I've had 1 day off (that includes weekends) in the last 4 weeks due to a very heavy fixture load and tournaments

Normally in my office at 6.00am and leave around 5.15pm

I tend to go out every night after work to eat or have a coffee and watch football / rugby in a local coffee shop

Got to admit, can't wait for the Christmas break :)

3. diddydave

diddydave Established commenter

My wife taught PE, I taught maths. Both of us would be in for 7am. At times I'd leave at 4.30, she most often had clubs for up to another hour. PE at our school was a GCSE and A level course so she had a similar amount of marking as I did at KS4+5. She had more KS3 classes (@ 1 lesson per week) so she could double up on her preparation whereas I had each KS3 for 4 lessons a week - so more alterations to planning needed to take place during the week and homework had to have a faster turnaround. I did have time during the week to take a netball and a rugby club, she couldn't have fitted anything else in...but basically you'll find the work/life balance the same for any teacher, if you enjoy in then it becomes your life - and you enjoy it...if you do it because you have to then you'll resent and hate it.