1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how many focused/guided sessions/activities in a week please

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by busnae, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Hi I remember reading a thread about what people do for guided/focus groups in a week in terms of numbers. I think I try and get too many done over a week so sometimes expecting myself to do a CLL, phonics and maths in a morning and then getting anxious because I can't get all this done and the outdoor time that they love, need and want so much.

I try and do phonics 4 times a week (2 groups)

I have been doing a daily counting session with the whole class

A CLL introduction to a new book on a Monday

But feel like I would benefit from hearing what other people do - I only work mornings.

Many thanks

2. Hi I remember reading a thread about what people do for guided/focus groups in a week in terms of numbers. I think I try and get too many done over a week so sometimes expecting myself to do a CLL, phonics and maths in a morning and then getting anxious because I can't get all this done and the outdoor time that they love, need and want so much.

I try and do phonics 4 times a week (2 groups)

I have been doing a daily counting session with the whole class

A CLL introduction to a new book on a Monday

But feel like I would benefit from hearing what other people do - I only work mornings.

Many thanks

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Bear in mind that you can do focus-group activities outdoors.

What does the pm teacher do?

4. Once a week is going to do maths - so i can do more kuw 'topic' focus
    leap into life, they do an afternoon of forest schools, swimming,

I want to develop more maths outdoors in the morning - we have a lovely area to develop but's it not off the classroom so somewhere an adult has to go - it's in the early stages at the moment but is a lovely natural area - with a lovely round willow hut - quite a substantial roof on it, a wooden bench with a back, 2 raised beds for planting and a further raised bed for digging.

We also use the playground and there is a small enclosed, covered area just outside the classroom