1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how many days have you got in school before the children return?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by petrapan, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Snap [​IMG] I think it's actually quite good as I didn't want to spend more than a day on settling in/class rules etc, and it will be good to start proper lessons on the Monday without feeling all the little admin type things (getting to grips with the computer, car park passes, finding out any assemblies planned etc) have to be done at the same time. Hopefully we can also use the weekend to finalise any planning after speaking to other staff so we feel well prepared for the first week.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I have zero days in school before the pupils arrive!
    I'm a supply teacher so obviously don't need sight of the SOW or details of the GCSE course for the YR 10s I'll be seeing on my first day.

3. I have two inset days on the Thursday and Friday and the students arrive on Monday. Although on the first day I spend the morning with my year 7 form group, then teach one lesson which happens to be year 7 and then there is a whole school assembly! So a nice start hopefully.
    I'm planning on spending time on the inset days trying to work my way around the school so I don't look too confused when the children arrive!

4. I have one day too! only i have no class lists, timetable or anything! in at the deep end!

5. k1tsun3

k1tsun3 New commenter

I have inset days and other things. There's also lots of construction going on, so we get a day to move everything back into the English block. Our students are back until the 8th with teaching to resume that afternoon, but I don't have a class that afternoon, so Friday the 9th is my first day of teaching.