1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How many buses coming at once?!?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by patchi, Feb 25, 2012.

1. 5!! I have been offered 5 interviews for next week. I submitted 6 applications before half-term and now that half-term has ended, schools have done their shortlisting I have heard back from 5. Admittedly, the 7th school I applied to had a deadline of yesterday, so I could still hear something.
    (Actually, I submitted 7 applications before half-term, got shortlisted and had the interview last week but was unsuccessful).
    So, clearly I am doing something right.

Also though...I was asked earlier last week to do some supply work in a school, arranged directly with the school, the first lot of supply work since I graduated last summer. Arranged this prior to the knowledge of all these interviews!
    One of these interviews in already confirmed and didn't have supply that day anyways, but my other interviews are on my supply days (2 out 3 supply days next week). One of them is on my other interview day, and hoping to get that one re-arranged for later in the day as it is not to far away and they need me for much less time than the other, but the rest?
    I know, you can't help me decide between supply and interviews. With so many, it will be costly to travel to them (and possibly between them on the same day), but I need to decide which to cancel and which to try and re-arrange. I would have to cancel at least one clash, as the distances between the 2 schools is nigh impossible to cover in one day.

So, the point of this post? Well, to say THANK YOU Theo, Lara and everyone for your wonderful advice. It is clearly working! And, to share my dilemma, which I know, I alone must solve. It is going to be a Manic Phone Call Monday!! :p
    Ramble over :D

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Wow, wow!
    Sorry - that's wrong.
    Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!
    Five wows - you really have done VERY well.
    You know what I'm looking forward to now . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

3. Thank you everyone for your kind words and advice. :D