1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how many applicants per SLT post (primary)?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by sparklyrainbowfish, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Just wondered for my own benefit really:
    I'm applying for SLT posts in primary schools in Outer London (phase leader / AHT / similar SLT roles, not DHT) and wondered what the situation is like out there for applicants to these type of posts?
    thanks,
    sparkly

2. Just wondered for my own benefit really:
    I'm applying for SLT posts in primary schools in Outer London (phase leader / AHT / similar SLT roles, not DHT) and wondered what the situation is like out there for applicants to these type of posts?
    thanks,
    sparkly

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I advertised tlrs last year and got 60-70 applicants per post. Deputy heads, the ones I applied for between 30-40.
    There are several factors which make a difference. Geographical area, type of school, person spec ( one schools tlr is another schools dht) school ethos, ht and govs....
    How long is a piece of string?!

4. thanks curlygirly
    I know there are many variances, but it is useful for me to get a rough idea of a "real-life" applicant situation; so thank you very much for giving me a bit of an idea. [​IMG]
    sparkly