1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long were you ttc before you got your BFP?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by antoniou, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Exactly as the title suggests really. I'm 29 (30 in January)as OH and I have been ttc since April with no luck. AF arrived yesterday, so am going into cycle 9. Was just wondering how long ti took some you before you got that illusive BFP?

2. Exactly as the title suggests really. I'm 29 (30 in January)as OH and I have been ttc since April with no luck. AF arrived yesterday, so am going into cycle 9. Was just wondering how long ti took some you before you got that illusive BFP?

3. 1 night

4. In the same boat as you and still trying hun! 11 months and counting....you're not alone xxx

5. 1 drunken night [​IMG]

6. Came off pill in November 2009 and got BFP in early May 2010 - so 6 months.
    Used CBFM for the final lucky month.
    Good luck to all of you who are TTC. xxx

7. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Also going into month 9 with no luck so far. Doctor reckons 9 months is average.

8. 8 cycles- stick in there ladies!!!

9. Came off pill 3 months prior to trying in order to regulate and understand cycle, then on cycle 3. I count myself lucky.
    Fingers crossed to all trying
    x x

10. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

With my first baby I got pregnant the week after I stopped taking the pill. They say you can ovulate immediately after stopping when you've taken it for a long time. I was on cilest.
    I'm now pregnant again and this time it took 3 months. I figured we'd been trying at the wrong times for the first 2 months and then the 3rd month tried later. It's all so random!
    Good luck to everyone trying and I hope you get your BFPs soon x

11. 12 months and still no positive...

12. Since June 09 - 1 chemical pregnancy and now being referred for IVF as problems on both sides. Very random as to who waits and who doesn't. I think a year to 18 is about normal in early 30s providing you're both healthy.

13. We were really lucky- think we conceived on 3rd cycle after deciding to try- decided in Feb, got BFP in May so April was last period. I hadn't been on the pill for years so easy to just stop using contraception. I hope to be as lucky for the next one but I know that nothing is a given and am just hoping and praying that I'm lucky again. Good luck and lots of baby dust to ttcers xx

14. I stopped taking the pill at the beginning of last December. Positive test after 3 periods, mc in May, BFP mid-June. Personally I'm very glad it was so soon after mc.
    I hope all those waiting get the news you want soon.

15. 3 years and with IVF. This was despite there being nothing apparently wrong with us. I hope noone else has to wait that long.

16. 3 years and 2 rounds of îvf. Went to doctors after trying for 12 months.

17. 6 months (4 cycles) used OV sticks, I know these really helped me x x x

18. Will let you know - may find out I am pregnant next week but if so it will be through IVF and after three years of trying.
    Sauce - always good to hear from you - always remember your kind words in my dark days last year. Glad you got there in the end.

19. adsa

adsa New commenter

baby no.1 13 months
    baby no. 2 3 months
    baby no. 3 1 night!

20. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

A real case of practise makes perfect? [​IMG]