1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long until I've served my time?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by JohnJCazorla, Dec 20, 2015.

1. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

Quite reasonably all my posts now go through a monitor due to my earlier breaking of the rules. I have now ceased this behaviour and will continue to do so.

However the monitor takes time to do this so my contribution to threads have deteriorated from barely useful to no point whatsoever.

My question is, "When will I be taken off moderation? Does it depend on time or number of posts or is their some other criteria that is in play?

This is not a claim that I'm innocent (I'm not) or even an appeal against the sentence, just asking when I'll be able to rejoin society.

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  2. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Hello @JohnJCazorla,

We don’t give out timescales as to how long an individual’s posts are premoderated for because every case is unique. The moderation team reviews each case based on an individual’s posting habits.

Please be assured that once the moderation team are confident of your posting habits then your status will be changed to an approved member.

The moderation policy states:

We reserve the right to remove content, lock threads, ban members or moderate user posts in our moderated forums at our discretion.

We reserve the right to amend our moderation policy at any time without notice.

3. ConvivialCatMan

ConvivialCatMan New commenter

@TES_Rosaline

When I joined I was able to post. When I made my second post the next day my posts were not appearing and a message says I am awaiting moderation.

Why is this please? Have I done something wrong?

Erin_Rhys and aspensquiver_2 like this.
  4. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

You are liking posts for contrary reasons. Same new you, same new you.

5. badpower

badpower Occasional commenter

I have the same problem, still waiting to be released back into society. :) 1901854_10204809524939547_3584954756763657197_n.jpg

6. Erin_Rhys

Erin_Rhys Occasional commenter

This problem is ongoing for me. I posted for a month and then was moderated with no reasons given so I no longer bother posting, only read.

7. newposter

newposter Occasional commenter

I am also in moderation limbo. To think, this site used to be interesting and thought provoking.

8. aspensquiver_2

Maybe that's where all the interesting and bright posters have gone: to limbo.

9. Erin_Rhys

Erin_Rhys Occasional commenter

I see that you are an older poster - unlike myself. Was it something you said? I have no idea why I was put on pre-moderation - but it happened shortly after I complained to the moderators (abuse report button) about a vile comment to me by another poster. Moderation doesn't seem at all consistent - or purposeful. Just how long, and to what end, is this for?

10. ConvivialCatMan

ConvivialCatMan New commenter

JusT looked in again today. Still pre-moderated on Personal which seems to have fewer interesting topics on offer and the usual in-house names agreeing with one another.

Come on TES. Get you finger out!

11. aspensquiver_2

The life is being squeezed out of the Personal-*what passes for Opinion* forum.
    I think most people would agree.

viceroy and ConvivialCatMan like this.
  12. aspensquiver_2

Sorry. That was not fair.

ConvivialCatMan likes this.
  13. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

*some*

14. aspensquiver_2

Whatever.

viceroy likes this.
  15. viceroy

viceroy Occasional commenter

TES. What is it you want me to do on order I can join I a conversation instead of merely reading and liking?

16. viceroy

viceroy Occasional commenter

Just testing to see if I can post unmoderated.

17. aspensquiver_2

I think you have made it! None of my posts are being allowed through even though I have been nice to the moderators. I like them because they have a sense of humour and one of them, at least, has a magic wand!

Please please let me back into the fold.

:)

18. aspensquiver_2

Ah. Just saw the time of your post.
    You and I deserve another chance.

19. aspensquiver_2

It's great to have such a conscientious moderator on post duty today. Not trying to be smarmy - I mean it.

20. aspensquiver_2

Just wanted to say your avatar makes me smile every time I see it. Is the cat convivial or are you convivial? Whichever, it's win win.