1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how long to wait?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by s4mm13, Dec 1, 2011.

1. So one of my most recent applications closed last thursaday and a week on I still haven't heard anything. How long should I wait before giving up and sending an email or making a call to get feedback from my application? (though all feedback so far has been pretty useless, but hoping an indy school will have something constructive to say)
    One more application to wait for that ends tomorrow. A school i worked at before as a member of support staff. If they wont interview me, I doubt anyone will.
    Can't believe I still can't get an interview... Following ALL of the advice from the forums and seminars and having experienced professionals look over my applications, statements and letters. What more can I do to get myself shortlisted?
    I'm a good teacher!

2. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Can I join in on this thread? I was teaching on supply in the school I worked in last term on Monday, and the boss told me he's just written me a reference - and there is no sign of an invitation to an interview. Am cringing with paranoia now[​IMG] What do I do if there is no interview at all? Do I put it down to a not-so-wonderful interview from the other referee? (no reason to believe this, by the way) Feel a bit rubbish about it now. Am I jumping the gun?

3. Sure :eek:)
    I hate the waiting!! I feel like i'm perfect for this position, so much to contribute to and offer the school! a week on and still nothing... Tearing my hair out!

4. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Thanks S4.
    That's supposed to say reference. Feel quite deflated. Ho hum. A term of supply will be good for me - I just have to make more of an effort to get some from more than one school!!
    And keep on to that belief that there is a school out there that I'd fit in to...!

5. I applied for one that ended on Monday and as the days go by I lose that last bit of faith that I won't get an interview.
    I am finding it really hard to remain optimistic about the whole thing now, just feel that I am too expensive :(

6. Oh 21-k, I know how you feel about losing hope. It's so difficult to remain optimistic especially when you just hear nothing after all the hours of effort put into each application.
    I've got my fingers crossed for you :eek:)

7. I know, it is so frustrating when you know you can do the job so well!
    Fingers crossed for you too x

8. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Weel, I should be careful what I wish for. I got an invitation to an interview through the post today - teach a lesson, have an interview, do some planning, lunch with staff, assess work and identify targets, review lesson. Do something with the other interviewees in a group. 9-goodness knows what time. my stomach is well and truly curdling at the thought. :(

9. It is what yu've been waiting for though [​IMG]
    Congratulations on getting the interview. You just need to plan and prepare well and you'll do great.
    As for me, nothing [​IMG]

10. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Oooh - great news clear_air [​IMG]
    Now keep a clear head and go for it! Good luck [​IMG]

11. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Scary, but just think -if you get it . . . . .!