1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long to wait before my NQT certificate arrives?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by alethea18uk, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hi guys,
    I have just been signed off for the GTP on Tuesday and was just wondering how long it takes before I will receive my NQT certificate? Does it come in the post to your home or to the school address? Thanks!

2. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I honestly cant remember when my QTS certificate arrived but it was not instant I know that. It came to my home address.

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

It's likely to be in August. I did a PGCE and can't remeber whether it went to the university and was then forwarded onor whether it came to my home directly.
    I do remember that the certificate for passing Induction went to the school where I did my final Induction term (on supply) and they forwarded it on to me.

4. Mine took about 3-4 weeks to come. I had it before we broke up at the end of the year. I was signed off around 6th June last year.
    Hth

5. Thanks for your responses, seems the time varies a little - hopefully it will come before the end of the year!

6. I got mine in August last year after completing my PGCE

7. I think that's the QTS certificate. You also get another Induction certificate when passing your NQT year and they both look identical!
    I got mine in the September after I finished my NQT year and the school received it and put it in my pigeon hole.