1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long should hair removal cream remove hair for?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oggiehurler, Jul 24, 2012.

1. oggiehurler

oggiehurler New commenter

I used hair removal cream 3 days ago - and I am already getting stubble! I was expecting alot longer than 3 days. Haven't got the packet anymore - does anyone know how long it should last for?

2. Not sure how long it should last for, but never lasts more than 2/3 days with me.

3. Think it depends on the hair thickness, I used to use it (then couldn't stand the smell anymore!) and it lasted my fair hair 4-5 days

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

It probably depends how fast your hair grows! If I'm doing extra hair removal round the bikini area ready for holidays I find it needs doing again quite quickly and repeat two or three times in the fortnight before I go away. After that it seems to last for a while.

5. The creams remove hair that has grown. The problem is that hairs grow, stop growing and then fall out in a cycle, so you won't get the ones that are just about to spring into life, as it were. That's why you look like you've got regrowth - it's the ones that were waiting in the wings! If you do it every 2/3 days for a week or ten days, you should have zapped them all and then get a bit longer before they reappear. Or you could just buy a razor....!