1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long is waiting game after being for a GTP interview if successful or not?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by claire3685, Nov 13, 2011.

1. How long is waiting game after being for a GTP interview if successful or not?

2. Although your question doesn't make much sense, I think I know what you're getting at!
    I was offered a place about a month after going for interview, which was about March. However, they weren't able to fully confirm my place until about May. It will vary from place to place though... didn't you ask at the interview how long it would be before you heard?

3. I've not been for interview yet, got it on the 21st november, but yes i was going to ask that anyway i just wandered. Thanks for your other reply about maths by the way. I've been revising bit of everything anyway. thanks

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The final confirmation of places will not be until next year and in addition schools will not have budgets finalised until around February. Any offers of places prior to this tend to be provisional.