1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long for pay increase on UPS?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by humpty88, Oct 17, 2016.

1. humpty88

humpty88 New commenter

Hi. I am a UPS teacher and have recently had a very successful appraisal. I was wondering if anyone has had experience of having a pay increase on the UPS after one year. The NASUWT say that pay increases after one year on UPS should happen like it does on MPS or have I been misinformed?

2. fndteach

fndteach New commenter

Well done for the successful appraisal :) I think it now depends on your own school pay policy. I think mine says every 2 years but I'd have to find it and read it to be sure. I've just been moved to UPS so haven't considered the next step yet. Good luck

3. drvs

drvs Star commenter

Did this come from your in school rep? STPCD now links increases solely to performance, there is no time served element anymore on any of the scales - the statement above is out of date. Some schools do still include time served within their own pay policies though, you would need to scrutinise your school's pay policy.