1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long do you keep coursework?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catzroolz, Jul 15, 2011.

1. I have come across some coursework from 2007-2008 academic year. Since then the specification has changed. Is it OK for me to throw this out?

2. Ask yourself what reason you would have to keep it? This is from three years ago, it is not as if the students can appeal against their results.
    However, depending on the content there may be some useful pieces you could use as exemplar material.

3. We keep ours until Novemeber in case any student appeals against their result then they either collect it or we consign it to the bin.
    If there are any pieces we want to use as examplar then we get the student/s to sign the relevent forms before they finish in June.

4. Thanks for both replies. I just didn't know!
    I'll throw it out because the coursework has completely changed and I'm leaving the job next week, well leaving teaching as well so I'll never need it!

5. Good luck!

6. I'm coursework-retentive: never throw any of it away. Mind you, it's A level English Language, and I generally get no more than 35 folders a year altogether, so storage isn't an issue as it would be for GCSE. I find it very useful for current students.

7. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Check with the examination board - some require coursework to be kept for a certain length of time (even if the specification has changed)