1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long do KS1 SATS take?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tinyschool, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    I am looking for some help regarding timetabling for KS1 SATS. I am in a mixed age group class with a very small group of Year 2 pupils. I was wondering how long Year 2 teachers usually allow to complete all the tests? I have read the guidance but was wondering if it is overkill to do more than one subject a day e.g. Maths am and then reading pm?
    What do you all usually do? All help appreciated :)

2. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Having listened to advice on here, I'm doing 1 paper a week, taking about 10 children per day and spread them out... Will take around 4 weeks in total to complete... Personally I wouldn't do 2 in one day as I know my class just wouldn't focus on the pm paper, but you might have a class who can cope.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I did the level 3 papers in the afternoon in assessment week in Feb. We hadn't done a test in the morning, but it was still a disaster. I'd not do any in the afternoons and definitely not two in a day.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

This recent thread might be a help, certainly is to me!

https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/566218.aspx?PageIndex=3#7378210