1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long do I have to complete my induction - Flexible Route?

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by Tansy1988, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Tansy1988

Tansy1988 New commenter

Hello everyone,
    I graduated with a PGDE in Primary in late 2014 (I put off my last placement until the new term for a number of reasons). I then moved to England with my partner and started doing supply work as I moved down at a very awkward time in the school year. Also the curriculum is quite different down here (I don't really like it to be honest.., so not what I've been taught!) so I wasn't so keen to find a permanent position. Also I fell pregnant (total surprise) and now have a 7 month old baby boy :D
    We are planning on moving back to Scotland however we are not sure when. Part of this is because we don't want our son to go through an English schooling system. I would love to complete my induction as it'd be a complete waste of a year and something I worked so so hard for. I also want to do this through the flexible route due to being a new mum!

Does anyone have any idea how long I have to complete my induction? I'd hate to wait too long and have to re-do my PGDE!

2. Mazod

Mazod Occasional commenter

Check with GTCS but as far as I know there is no time limit. My husband did his probation through flexible routes and it works well if you are motivated and get good support.