1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait for invites to interviews?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by giddyG2001, Feb 9, 2012.

1. giddyG2001

giddyG2001 New commenter

Hi,

I was just wondering how long people had to wait between applying and getting an invite to an interview?

Thanks!

2. giddyG2001

giddyG2001 New commenter

Hi,

I was just wondering how long people had to wait between applying and getting an invite to an interview?

Thanks!

3. Hi :)
    My first choice gave me an interview a week after I submitted my GTTR application.
    My first choice rejected me and my application sent to my second choice the same day. Two days later I got an interview there.
    Basically.... it's not normally very long!

4. I applied mid October, and waited 6 weeks to hear from my first choice, then another 6 weeks after interview to get my offer. I do wish it had been quicker, was stressful waiting!!
    which uni are you waiting to hear from?

5. giddyG2001

giddyG2001 New commenter

My application got sent on Tuesday as I could only get experience in my school from Jan. Leicester SCITT is my first choice and I know they are still taking on applications as I spoke to them last week and I also know they have been doing interviews since November time.

I'm trying to get in in my head that I won't hear until the start of March at the earliest as I don't want to be checking my emails obsessively however I really dislike my job and want out so bad, so that's making the waiting ten times worse!

6. My first choice interviewed me a month after I submitted my GTTR application which was a lot quicker than I expected. I had the letter about a fotnight after I applied which didn't leave much time to find cover at work. [​IMG]