1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long before a conditional offer becomes an unconditional offer..?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by thebaines, Jun 2, 2012.

1. I received a conditional offer onto a PGCE general primary course at the start of April. The condition being the CRB check and medical questionairre, both which I applied for straight away.
    The CRB has come back to me -no word on the medical questionairre. Anyone have any idea how long it may take? The longer the wait is, the more concern I've got that the offer will be taken away from me...

2. I received a conditional offer onto a PGCE general primary course at the start of April. The condition being the CRB check and medical questionairre, both which I applied for straight away.
    The CRB has come back to me -no word on the medical questionairre. Anyone have any idea how long it may take? The longer the wait is, the more concern I've got that the offer will be taken away from me...

3. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

I recall my PGCE offer was conditional on several things (can't recall what right now) and I never received any confirmation from the provider that everything was OK.

Give the provider a call (after half term!). I expect they've received all the proper paperwork, filed it all and are simply expecting you to start in September.

4. I thought the Uni had to apply for the CRB check? Is it something you can start yourself?

5. I have a similar situation, I e-mailed the course adminstrator and they said that I have met all of the conditions but it still has not be updated on the GTTR, and I just cant wait to get started!

Good luck on your course. Where are you studying?

6. I'm (hopefully) studying at Sunderland, starting September. Thanks for the advice I'll send an e-mail when I get the chance.

7. Sorry, maybe I was unclear. I sent all the papers that the university sent to me including the CRB, which I sent back to them to apply for on my behalf. I have had the CRB check come through to my address, presumably the university also get their own confirmation being the company who have sent it on my behalf.

8. 576

576 Established commenter

The problem here is you presumed.
    If your presumption was right fine. If it was wrong you are the one holding up the offer.
    Either way you will not get definitive answers from random strangers on the internet.
    Call the institution.

9. inara14

inara14 New commenter

At our course we cant send our medical questionnaire off before 3 motnhs prior to the course so that might explain it. Later June is the earliest you cn send it off with us.

10. So now gttr shows the offer changed to 'unconditional', Hooray! Success! Then it says subject to CRB check and medical questionaire.
    Why would it change to unconditional if its still on condition of other factors..? Very confusing and quite odd.