1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How long are the new A Level Computer Science courses current?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by sirspamalotless, Nov 29, 2015.

1. sirspamalotless

sirspamalotless Occasional commenter

I'm wondering how many years will pass before they get an official review / update / new specification?

Also, does anyone know when this forum will change being called ICT to Computer Science?

J

2. gregometer

gregometer Occasional commenter

Not sure about the first one, but usually, specifications get a minor tweak every year or two, as long as it doesn't substantially change the specification, then a major revision every five years or so. I suspect, however, that the Computer Science A Level specification review will happen much earlier once OFQUAL work out that it really is a disastrous state of affairs - they are all so damn impossible for most schools to get through in two years, and especially you know who's (coughAqa).

As for changing the name of this forum, it's long over due. ICT should be moved over to a little subsection under vocational courses or something, but Computer Science needs to stand tall on its own.

3. NeitherMouseNorSock

NeitherMouseNorSock New commenter

lol @ sirspamalotless, sitting there under his bridge, waiting for the 3 billy goats to appear.

2 separate forums may well be needed though:
    1. Computer Science
    2. ICT

4. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

I think it should just be subsumed into its EBacc parent Science. Judging by the recent traffic levels here - 2 posts since Friday - it would not have too great an effect.