1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How importantant are the colour of eyes?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by modelmaker, Aug 6, 2012.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

If you had a choice, which colour eyes would you choose? And how do you think it would help your love life? I've been blessed with blue eyes that have been favourable to me in getting dates. My dog has brown eyes like my sweetheart and when I asked her what colour her rabbit's eyes were she had no more of a clue than I did without looking.
    And yet, the loves of my life have all commented on how blue were eyes are. although to be fair. it's probably truer to say were, since the brilliance has began to fade.
    Back in the day when my eyeballs would captivate the heart of any woman I think I could have taken advantage of any of them. Even celticqueen, who's got to be the toughest bird on the planet you'd ever try to encourage to share your bed.
    Of course it does'nt matter a lot these days, because as the blueness fades from my eyes, so does my ability to promise satisfaction to young women fade as well.
    Aside from ******, I think a drug that can turn eyeballs blue would be a great benefit for mankind.

2. Like yours? Do such rainbow eyes exist?

3. Elizabeth Taylor had violet eyes - apparently caused by internal bleeding in the iris when she was a baby. Beautiful, anyway.

[​IMG]

4. My husband has hazel eyes with gold freckles. They're lovely, to me. Mine are blue on the outside, green near the pupil. Blue-green. Our daughter has inherited her dad's eyes, which I'm delighted by.

5. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Ooh, I'm a bit stressed about my eyes at the moment.
    Am suffering from a temporary condition which has necessitated the use of Atropine drops into my right eye. As a consequence, my pupil is enormously dilated, so that you can hardly see any of the iris. Think David Bowie. It's been like this for the last week and my vision in that eye is a bit cloudy and, as you can imagine, it lets in a lot of light. I can't drive. Well I could, but don't want to chance it.
    I have had to resort to wearing sunglasses when I go out. [​IMG] Black ones outside and pale tinted ones in shops etc. I don't want to scare people; I have one normal greeny-grey eye and one that looks like a black hole. When it happens on a schoolday, kids have been known to run screaming.
    I was gripped by mild panic this morning, because I stopped the drops last Friday, but my pupil has stayed massively dilated. A quick phone call to the hospital reassured me that things will return to normal eventually.
    In my more hysterical moments, I had visions of collapsing ( but, why would I?), being carted off to A&E and them declaring me dead, because my pupil was"fixed and dilated" like they do in "Casualty"....I've considered making a little badge saying "I'm still alive", just in case.
    Anyway, MM, dilated pupils are a sign of arousal aren't they? If you crossed my path today, you'd think I'd fallen for your baby blues big time! Well, half of me...
    And if that weren't enough, I have to go to the dentist this afternoon 'cos I've lost a massive chunk of molar and will need a crown, no doubt!
    Dunteachin, falling to b l oody pieces.

6. And yes, I find pale eyes weirdly disconcerting too. I wonder why that is? I think it's to do with the expression being harder to read when the eyes are so pale - there's a sort of blankness to the face when the eyes are so pale.

7. Cool!

8. Bowie was poked in the eye at school, with bleeding into the blue.

9. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Of course it was intended as humour!

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

It is possible to surgically alter the colour of eyes. I believe this uses a laser and can only change brown to blue.
    Ridiculous.
    My own eyes are very bright green. My son's blue, and my daughter's brown. Bit of everything here.

11. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

My family is half Asian, and many of the Asian side of the family have grey eyes, which looks very striking indeed. Like Aishwarya Rai.

[​IMG]

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

My PE teacher at school had one blue eye and one brown.

13. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I have tremendous body issues - (which I am slowly over-coming!) - but am aware that I have truly beautiful eyes!...or at least I have been told they're beautiful!
    Large and deep chocolate brown....variously compared to cocker-spaniels or more strangely to cows!...and I have really thick long lashes (or I did until recently...I seem to be losing them in my more mature years!)
    Unfortunately, I was born with a marked squint which a childhood operation never quite fixed. My eyes work independently - they never focus on the same thing and this is obvious when I get tired!
    Then again both the beauty of my eyes and the disconcerting squintlet is hidden by the fact that I wear tinted glasses.

I tend not to look much at people's faces...one of my Aspie quirks....so eye colour isn't important to me. ...I can't 'read' faces very well, so would find it difficult to say if eyes were 'smiling'.

14. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

One of our teachers at school has that. She's a very beautiful woman too and her blue eye has gold flecks in it too. Stunning. Mine are a kind of blue, green turquoise which I'm told is "typical of my colouring" I once dyed my hair (in my youth) but apparently my eyes and skin tone gave me away. I don't have a preference for eye colour myself but I think you can tell a lot about a person by their eyes. Some people's eyes never smile, there's a kind of dead look about them.
    Dunteachin, sounds like scary stuff, hope your eyes improve soon.

15. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Thanks,curly. It will all get better. Have had these flare-ups of iritis for years, but the dilating drops have been too strong this time. Won't use them again!
    Your eyes sound a lovely colour. Depending on my mood and the light, mine can be aquamarine or greeny-grey. OH knows to steer clear if they look green; it means I'm annoyed.

16. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

They sound very similar to my eyes.
    I once had to have those drops and I remember the pain from the sunlight, we have a student at school who is registered blind although he has some very limited vision, he has extreme sensitivity to light and it must be excruciating in summer. He's a star pupil in all aspects of school life and achieves phenomenal success in the classroom and on the sports field. When I see the equipment he has to use just to be able to see enlarged print (thick glasses, monocular and magnifying glass) I'm wowed and eternally grateful for my sight. Eye colour is a bit trivial really in that context. We take stuff for granted, don't we?