1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How embarrassing!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 29, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Ok....yesterday I experienced one of those moments when you just know the bulge on your thigh isn't the result of recent holiday excesses, but it's last night's knickers stuck down the leg of your jeans (let's be honest ladies....it's happend to us all at some time!)
    So, I discretely removed the knickers (not my best pair, but quite nice) and popped them into my handbag as quickly as I could.
    Yes, you can guess the rest.
    This morning at the petrol station I go to get my purse out of my back only to find it comes with it's very own pair of black, lacy knickers, caught on the catch of the purse.
    Oh yes! This did indeed happen. Cash, Nectar card and knickers all in one fell swoop onto the counter at the garage! [​IMG]
    On the positive side, at least they were a nice, tiny, lacy pair and not a greying pair of big pants!
    I put them back in my bag and hoped no-one noticed, but it was rather busy and I expect this incident will do the dinner party rounds for a while yet! At least it shows I do actually wear knickers!!! [​IMG]

2. You eejit!!

3. BelleDuJour

Yes...I know!
    Bit of a blonde moment there. In fact, as I'm now even blonder following a week in the sun I do believe I have an excuse!!!
    Fancy popping over for bbq or something soon with Mr Kinsa? [​IMG]

4. May have a mutual friend as a house guest in July, so was planning to make some arrangements involving you.More later!

5. BelleDuJour

We're away 24th to 31st (topping up tan and blondeness!) and evening of 23rd. Bet it's going to be then!
    [​IMG]

6. More likely to be 18 -21. Will email you when I have more news!

7. BelleDuJour

Brillo! Let me know and I can make sure I remove knickers from jeans before leaving home! [​IMG]

8. BelleDuJour

New man!!!!! Wot wot!!!! Off to FB now......details please!!! [​IMG]

9. Nice one BDJ - and I have to say, it's never happened to me! My undies go straight into the wash basket once removed!!!

10. BelleDuJour

Must be gay then? LOL [​IMG]
    When are we going to meet him? Must take a trip to Belle Towers!

11. BelleDuJour

Me too...........usually. Must have been VERY tired! (Actually I was very tired....just got back from airport and shattered!)

12. It most certainly has not. Ewww.

13. What ewww?
    Being so tired that you just kick off your jeans and fall into bed without putting clothes away? It's happened to me
    Waking up and sliding straight into discarded jeans ?- I do that, especially to walk the dog first thing in the morning.
    Getting knickers caught up in leg of jeans? - Yup, that's happened to me too. And then I stopped wearing them. Problem solved.

14. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

[​IMG]

15. Not me. I don't wear jeans, anyway - but even if I did, I wouldn't leave clothes in a heap on the floor or anywhere else. And the linen basket has a purpose...

Nope.

So ewww with bells on.

16. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Sorry,Snowstorm,but have you really just put your new boyfriend's name all over TES?
    You do realise that if one Google this name,this thread comes up?

17. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

if anything it shows the opposite!!!

18. I'm glad you've never been so tired ,or ill ,that you couldn't do anything but fall into bed seapink.
    I slide my way into jeans first thing in the morning to walk the dog and then come home, shower, change and put said jeans in the laundry basket. Nothing ewww about that.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It's happened to me but not for a while.

20. If it makes you feel any better someone I know had a pair of old pants stuck in her jeans without realising and while in the hairdressers, on her way to get her hair washed, they fell out... what makes it worse is she didn't realise until walking back to her chair. When she saw them she said loudly, "Oh there's my knickers!" and ran to pick them up! The next day she was listening to the radio when she heard this story being retold to the nation by someone who was there!! She has not gone back to that hairdressers!!