1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How easy is it to set up an E-Portfolio?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Berkshire_ICT, Feb 10, 2011.

1. We are thinking of moving from one board to another for A level.
    THe new board want e-portfolios and this is the first time I have experienced using them.
    Are they easy to set up?

Thanks
    Gilly

2. Yes.
    In some context all you need is a web space, and then pupils make and link their work via a website.
    If you're stuck a program like Serif Webplus gives students templates etc to make a good looking and easy site, but purists don't like that solution.

Your VLE probably offers a similar feature too?

3. For the Eedxcel Applied GCE (aside from unit 1) I simply create a HTML page with a table and some hyperlinks. They simply shove PDFs in the same folder, use the example hyperlinks to connect them up, add their candidate number and save. No web servers needed.

A more robust approach would be to have a go with Mahara, but that might not be appropriate...

4. scruffycat

scruffycat New commenter

Google docs everytime. You can sign up to the educational account.

http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/edu/k12.html

5. If I remember with Edexcel you also have to submit the work by CD - so folders all the way and definitely not VLE/mahara where you'll manually have to redownload and link up parts of the HTML again in many cases!!!