1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How easy is it to get out of an UC?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by jmf70surrey, Dec 7, 2015.

1. jmf70surrey

jmf70surrey New commenter

Sorry for all the questions. I didn't know anything about umbrella companies and the agency (2nd one) I recently signed on with didn't tell me much about it, just said it's what most people do. Now, I realise i want to be on PAYE whch they also offer, just not sure how easy it will be and if the rate they offer me will drop and by how much and if I will suddenly not get offered work, as I have been getting a lot of bookings? Any advice gratefully appreciated.

2. supply287

supply287 New commenter

One agency pays £5 extra if umbrella company.

3. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Your rate should not drop and it is unlikely that being on PAYE will affect your bookings. If you are doing a good job in schools it is to the agency's advantage to have you in schools which gives a good impression to the agency.

Just ring the agency and explain that you would like to be paid PAYE and that should be the end of the matter and they will take care of everything.

4. Fraccy

Fraccy New commenter

Be prepared for an onslaught of phone calls from the UC, asking you to reconsider... Don't fall for any of their persuasions or scare tactics!

5. jmf70surrey

jmf70surrey New commenter

Thank you. I will talk to them today.