1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How does the bursary work

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by tinka95, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Hello guys,
    I have just received an offer
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] to do my teacher training there. However, I would require a bursary or scholarship in order to make this opportunity possible. Could anyone, please, tell me what I have to do in order to get this bursary. I have contacted UCAS already, but they only stated that I would be eligible and couldn't really tell me what I have to do in order to secure this grant.
    Thus, I'd be super happy if anyone could help me out. Who here has already got a bursary and can clarify how I can get one, as well?

Thanks so much for your help.

Best wishes,
    Ann-Kathrin

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2018
  2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

Your uni will pay you the bursary, usually on a monthly basis, if you are eligible.

You might also be able to apply for a grant from Student Finance England, but you'd have to provide evidence of income in the preceding tax year.

3. PersianCatLady

PersianCatLady Occasional commenter

Are you planning to train to be a teacher in a primary or secondary school?

Which subject are you going to train to teach?

What classification is your Honours degree?