1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How does being signed off affect the future?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Carofi90, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Carofi90

Carofi90 New commenter

Hi all,

I've posted a thread in the 'workplace dilemma' section of the community which goes in to all the nitty gritty of my situation and also asks for support/advice but this is more specific to career concerns.

I've been signed off for few weeks and will be off for at least another week after a very stressful and rough experience since starting teaching in September. I am worried because my current post was a temporary one until end of this term and, of course, this is going to affect my attendance record severely and i'm worried about what and how bad my reference might be for future posts? Also i'm an NQT so I feel that makes it look even worse!

How do I overcome this? What can I expect or do about this? I'm not 100% sure about staying in teaching at the moment but I am looking and I don't know what to do about it all.

Thanks

2. Carofi90

Carofi90 New commenter

Also, sorry, but how go you go about explaining your situation in an interview? I feel if I get interviews they may ask or I may feel I need to explain how rough my situation has been and that all I need is a good team of support around me. Naturally, I want to be honest but don't want to seem like i'm slating my current work place...