1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you........!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Dec 27, 2011.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Angiebabe, I really hope you're not romantically involved with him. He sounds like one of those hopeless emotionally mean individuals who, once that way, are always so. They don't change.
    Feel sorry for him? Not a chance. You deserve much better.

2. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

<h5>Thanks inky - I've known him my whole life-ish - although I've really only got to know the real him for the past 15years or so. We are the best of friends ie we tell each other stuff we wouldn't disclose to others. However, he has no real emotional/romantic capacity other than that part of him which he decides to not discuss with me - sounds melodramatic I know but I believe he is a very caring individual but he despairs of the human race at times!!!</h5>

3. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Said friend phoned last night when I was doing online quiz with you guys - I know because I have caller identification. However, he did not let it ring long enough to leave a message so technically I don't know he has rung. Don't worry I'm not waiting for an apology I'm just waiting for me to get my equilibrium back so that I can talk to him in a calm manner! He is going away soon so we need to get back on speaking terms (this type of thing has happened a lot over the years and we always move on - I'v learned to accept it).

4. I'm suspecting you have been at least half-expecting this response, but I'll say it anyway.
    I
    think there are significant unresolved issues in your friendship with this man. Either you, or he,
    or both of you, seem to be deeply attracted to the other person. I think these emotions must be brought out
    into the open and be fully addressed. Then you can both move forward,
    either separately or together, according to how both of you understand what is
    really going on.