1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you use your IWB?

Discussion in 'English' started by jude79, Feb 22, 2011.

1. People probably won't remember me - haven't posted in about two years... Been married and had a baby since.
    Just gone back to work and have to deliver inset to the faculty on how to use IWB. We have old style interative education boards. The software roughly does the same as most others - I just need to work out how.
    So my question is how do you use your IWB when teaching English? I want to be able to provide more ideas than "drag and drop" activities and highlighting.

2. RaymondSoltysek

RaymondSoltysek New commenter

NATE's "Sharing not Staring" and "Twenty Things to do with a Word Processor" are excellent resources books for developing English specific lessons using ICT - simple and doable.

3. I do a lot of interactive activities where one student comes to work the board and they get to choose other students from the class to suggest answers, etc - that works quite well.
    One of the best, if simplest, features of the IWB is being able to save what you write on it to the next lesson, which for recapping is really good, or when you want to teach something over a couple of lessons.

4. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

We project our lesson plans onto the board and then i use Activ Inspire for more interactive resources.

5. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

I use mine as a screen.
    It's broken. [​IMG]

6. Loads. I love the ActivExpression for making sure that every student has something to say about a topic, displaying images and videos, being able to pull up interesting stuff in an instant.
    I'm still pretty new, four years in, but I don't think I could cope without it! Obviously I use books and those funny straight things that make marks on paper too...