1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you turn off?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by butterfly16, Apr 6, 2011.

1. I find it really hard to forget about work once I'm home and just wondered how you all did it. In general I' fine but it is when there is a parent complaint or something similar. I go over it again and again, feeling bad about what I could have done differently. In particular, if a parent is particularly critical, I find it really hard to let it go. It's driving me (and my boyfirend) mad, help!

2. Write it down. Once its on paper it doesn't go round and round your head. Or at least it works for me.

3. Become a Christian and let God's peace rule in your heart. [​IMG]
    Your job will mean nothing when you've died. God made you to have a personal relationship with him. Ask God to forgive your sins, and begin living your life for Him and nothing else.
    Reading the bible is a good start.

4. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Oh dear

5. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

thank you for posting. We understand what you are saying. Please don't post again until April 6 2015. Thank you for co-operating in this matter, it is God's will that you act upon my request.

6. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Meanwhile, to answer your question. You are allowed a 20-minute window of wind-down when you get home, during which you can vent about your day. After that, not a single word!

7. I was expecting criticisms so I'm really pleased at the advice you've offered me, thanks! Just need to learn to turn off, I'll start trying the writing down for certain time idea. Think I may need to physically shut the notepad away too!

8. What do you do to calm/wind down when something happens outside of school? Would this work for school issues?
    Liz

9. Take up running, have 'pretend' conversations of all the things you'd like to say or should have said at work, while you run. By the time you get home you've got most of it out of your system and are too knackered to care anyway!

10. I agree about running - works for me. Another thing - that i did before i started running and still do before an important meeting or interview - i use Bach Flower Remedies. Rescue Remedy in particular is brilliant - don't know how, don't know why but it always works for me!
    Good luck in finding something that works for you other wise you'll drive yourself mad.

11. Running is good - I prefer to swim though...
    Also, I find wine helps! Let's hope there are at least 2 non stressy days so that my liver can recover!!!!