1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you turn off the surveillance cameras?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

If I click on my avatar, it tells me what I was last seen doing. This means that one's every movement on here can be tracked. Is there any way to turn off the CCTV cameras so that one may pick one's nose or scratch one's b*m, as it were, without being 'watched'?

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I see you're posting dressed only in your pants, Lascarina...

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

We're watching you...

Or maybe just click your top right icon and then deselect 'show online status'.

4. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

I think that one only shows if you are here or not (though it will do the job)
    The one you want is the one in preferences that switches on and off your "online activity"

If I'm wrong, and I so often am, you'll be able to see where I am and what I'm doing :eek::D

5. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Thank you. But whether I click the 'online status' button on or off, it makes no difference. It seems I am doomed to having voyeurs like Middlemarch telling everyone how I am posting semi starkers.

6. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

@Lascarina

It's only you who can see 'Last Seen' if you have gone into stealth mode. And even in stealth mode you have the little dot/triangle. Others don't see it though

7. yfel_endwerce

Spirit got there first

8. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Well I never! It's a function to remind me what I've just done in case I've forgotten. Exactly what I need.

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I hope your evening isnt to stressful...but have a nice evening your comments are appreciated :)

10. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

My evening, do you mean, olds? And my comments?

11. oldsomeman

Not a clue as i dont give a toss who is watching me.if they dont like it they can stuff it...
    You would be amazed as to who is reporting on you and watching you in real life...never mind this site.

12. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Eh? That sounds sinister!

13. oldsomeman

The internet gather lots of facts about you and they are all stored somewhere.The intelligence agencies monitor you. road camera track your car, phone companies can recall all your messages and conversations and track your phone to a location .CTV watches you in the street and often roadside camera can monitor who is there.If you have a black box in your car(and it seems all cars have the potential to monitor you performance in the car) the satellites can track every driving move you make.
    Your neighbours watch ..my neighbours does..she is a one person neighborhood watch and in turn are able to see things..like who is coming or going in a house for example.I watch .I know which cars belong to which houses and no if a stranger car is in the area.

14. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

15. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Go to Privacy Settings and make sure that these two boxes are unchecked and then save changes.

upload_2015-10-22_8-58-39.png

16. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Interesting tattoo you've got there Lascarina - it's already getting multiple hits on my YouTube channel.

17. magic surf bus

While you're on the subject of settings marlin - how did you get your 'trombones' signature to display? I've put one in my 'About You' box but it's not showing - is that where it goes?

18. yfel_endwerce

Or you can set it like this (I think..... someone check)

apref1.jpg

and it shows when you are on-line but not where you are or what you have been doing

19. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Not everyone has this yet - not sure what the criteria is for being granted a signature - but if the option is available to you then it will appear in the drop down menu from your avatar.

upload_2015-10-22_18-8-17.png

magic surf bus likes this.
  20. magic surf bus

It would appear that I have not been deemed worthy of a signature, and after all the hours I put in too.